Prev: over sized walkers Next: RE: over sized walkers

RE: [OT]Cyber Squad

From: "Sutherland" <nma@k...>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:27:27 +0900
Subject: RE: [OT]Cyber Squad

	I can not remember the individuals name but there was a Fuedal
Japanese
army that was being pursued by an army of much greater size.  A samurai
was
said to have volunteered to defend a small bridge to slow down the
opposing
army.
  The opposing army upon seeing the lone samurai on the bridge lined up
his
archers and let loose.	The samurai, using his naginata, proceeded to
deflect the arrows.  They then sent in the infantry to clear him off.
After
several minutes and dead and wounded later they withdrew.
  THey then sent a group to ford the difficult river and attack from
both
sides.	After several more minutes and several more dead and dying the
withdrew.  THe opposing army decided to leave at the point and honored
the
samurai.
  Of course I think he later died of the wounds later but this is pretty
impressive.  Something like this could only happen before gunpowder
though.

							That Chuk Guy