Prev: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city]

Close assault

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 16:42:31 -0500
Subject: Close assault

Personally, I think the close assault squad should be
allowed to continue its overrun even if it allows them
to close assault another squad, but only if that
intervening squad is directly in its path to the
fleeing foe.

A second option I would consider less appealing would
be to allow the close assault squad to ignore the
intervening foe because the close assault round
sequence is "outside" the regular turn sequence.

** The latter is not good. The former is okay, except that I believe
IIRC
you have to test to pursue the other squad. If instead this will make
you CC
another unit, you should really test as if you were in fact CCing the
other
unit (ie there is a big difference between chasing a lone fleeing fellow
and
running head on into a squad of PA). If they pass that test, I'd let
them
chug on into the other squad for a good ole CC.

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Fleet Battles - Squadrons Next: For the guys down under [SG2 in the city]