Prev: Re: transport designations? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: A new SG2 Weapon?

A new SG2 Weapon?

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 10:48:51 EST
Subject: A new SG2 Weapon?

Okay, I've been thinking about the comments that flew back and forth
regarding the laser-ionizes-air (I still don't think a laser would make
"crack" sound in atmosphere) thread and the charged beam thread and
something
just snapped last night and put the two together, so I offer for
consideration the following:

The PLEBe Gun (that's Portable Laser/Electron Beam Gun).

When the trigger is pulled, a "precursor" laser is fired that ionizes
the air
along the laser's path, then a microsecond later the electron beam goes
off,
following the positively charged ionization trail that the laser leaves
behind.  If there's no atmosphere, the laser function can just be shut
off or
ignored.

Firepower 12
Impact d12 x 2 (or maybe just d12?)

The firepower is like a laser, since it's a really fast/straight beam
that
makes targeting relatively easy.

The impact is d12 x 2 vs vehicles and PA troops because the surge of (-)

charges on the target could cause significant problems with electronics,

which are essential for most of these kinds of items to work.  The PLEBe
Gun
would therefore combine the damage values of the HAMR (against "hard"
targets, anyway) with the accuracy of the sniper laser.

And this weapon would make a very loud, lightning-bolt like "crack"
sound
along with leaving a visible trail--not a good sniper weapon (reveals
your
position), but good for other purposes!

And, flick-a-switch and the weapon just uses the laser for a
designator...

Just an idea.

Rob

Prev: Re: transport designations? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: A new SG2 Weapon?