Prev: Re: Decals Next: Fronts Lines and Perfect General II

Re: Decals

From: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson@i...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:37:47 -0500
Subject: Re: Decals

>> >The set that I hope will do the best is a set of noseart (everything
from
>> >flaming skulls to pinup girls) As far as I can tell, it's never been
done
>> >before, and is really a perfect use for the printer.
>>
>> Much of this can be had from aircraft kits and Squadron as I recall
had
tons
>> of decals sheets from a variety of scales with aircraft markings from
all
>> eras.  I used some noseart from old WWII aircraft models just for
this.

>Really?  I asked around quite a bit for sources of interesting noseart
and
came
>up blank every time.  I was told that you could occasionally find
single
image
>here or there, but never in any quantity, and never at a small enough
scale to
>use on a 'mech or 1/300 plane...

I don't know if anyone spoke to this bit later (haven't got through all
the
"decals" messages yet).

I have done a LOT of model aircraft model kits, particularly in 1/144
scale
(and by the way, if anyone is into 1/144 scale aircraft models I have
LOTS
of kits I'd be happy to sell off...), and there are, to the best of my
knowledge, NO decal sheets with more than a couple (maybe up to 5 or 6
max)
nose art decals.  If you're planning a BUNCH of them on one sheet, that
would be great.   And I've never seen them small enough for 1/300 scale
(not really many for 1/144 scale either).

Adrian Johnson
ajohnson@idirect.com

Prev: Re: Decals Next: Fronts Lines and Perfect General II