Prev: RE: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: RE: Heavy Fighter Technology

Re: Heavy Fighter Technology

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:55:32 +1300
Subject: Re: Heavy Fighter Technology

Neath Southern Skies wrote:
> But then the problem is they have a major advantage against
atmospheric
fighters and against ground flak.
> Do know how obscene a size 5 / armour 5 fighter can get in SG/DS?
> Especially as they ignore all special damage chits in DS (including
boom
chits).
> For aerospace fighters, the Armour doesn't represent physical armour,
but
how survivable the airframe is.
> For example, the modern A-10 Warthog I would class as following: Size
2,
armour 1, Firecon: Sup A-G, MDC/3, DFO pods.  With maybe a special rule
that
it can ignore the first *damaged* result, due to it's reputation of
coming
back with 1/2 the airframe missing.

A10 relies on wings to fly. Antigrav and spaceship motors allows tanks
fly!

Suggestions:
Use a 2000% points cost for antigrav space fighters.
Use very heavy air defence to oppose them.
No GMS or disposable weapons (except torpedoes against space ships).

You wrote:
> Especially as they ignore all special damage chits in DS (including
boom
chits).
I haven't heard of this rule before! :-\ What page is it on? Thanks!

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: RE: Heavy Fighter Technology Next: RE: Heavy Fighter Technology