Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: RE: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long)

Re: transport designations?

From: "They came, they grabbed, we whomped" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:20:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: transport designations?

>On the subject of fleet ID decals, I'm thinking seriously of expanding
the sheet
>to twice the size, hopefully to fit even insane-sized fleets.

What would the odds of you slipping some....ohhh...non-EarthForce B5
decals
in the sheet??	;-) ;-)  (no, it's just a whimsy thought, not a serious
one)

>If I've got the space, I might as well add transports and the like.
So...  Can
>anyone tell me what good designations would be for the following?
>
>Heavy Freighter
>Medium Freighter
>Light Freighter
>Free Trader
>Fleet Auxillary
>Assault Transport
>Bulk Carrier
>Starliner

I'd try gleaning ideas from designations as given in Jane's Fighting
Ships (or any of those comprehensive-type books). There are some online
listings, too; one of which is on one of the FT FAQs, there's a listing
in the archives, and I put a listing (mainly for my own purposes :) on
my fleet roster page:

     http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/fleet-rosters.html

If that's any help.

Mk
-
"Now, please notify the Captain that I am here. I need to meet with him
and
the rest of the command staff ASAP. I...assume my usual quarters in the
brig
are available. I've grown so attached to the place."
				       -  Bester, 'Into The Fire',
Babylon 5

Prev: Re: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long) Next: RE: [FT] fleet colour schemes (picts wanted) (long)