Prev: RE: [OT] From the Earth to the Moon Next: RE: Far Stars Union--web site for FT

[FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 09:18:59 -0500
Subject: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>

>> Opportunism: This has got to be leader- or commander-dependent. I
>> don't think an entire fleet can be genearlized in this way.

> It definitely can. The culture and doctrine of each fleet includes
> among other things its opinions on opportunism, individual thought and
> risk-taking.
[examples snipped]

I see what you mean. After reading that and Laser's pull/push bit, it
sounds
like NI would be a 'pull' doctrine with a 3-5 out of 5 on the
Opportunism
scale.

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@pronetusa.net>

>     Actually the NI fleet is really overrated.   It's just that
> nobody wants to beat the NI fleet because they might have to
> occupy NI land, and then the war really starts!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ergg!....must...<urk>....resist....bait...<stifle>...resist....

Phew!

Noam

Prev: RE: [OT] From the Earth to the Moon Next: RE: Far Stars Union--web site for FT