Prev: Smoking infantry Next: [Way OT] On the Care and Feeding of Clone Corps

Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 08:04:10 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Crew Professionalism and Ship Quality

>a) What do you think the relative professionalism of the crews are - is
the
>NAC better than the ESU etc?

I'd say that IF we were to make a difference for such things, we'd want
make it much more simple. Say that the 1st line powers
(NAC/ESU/NSL/FSE/UN)
have roughly the same overall efficiency, along with one or two of the
smaller powers that have a really good reason to be at that level
(perhaps
NIS).

Then there would be the second tier powers. And that's all.

I you attempt to make it more granular than that, it destroys FT's
simplicity.

>b) What do you think the relative qualities of the actual ships are -
for
>this I mean two things

This I definitely think is way too much of a headache to model at game
scale.

Schoon

Prev: Smoking infantry Next: [Way OT] On the Care and Feeding of Clone Corps