Prev: RE: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle Next: Re: [OT] AAR format

Re: TANSTAAFL

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 10:17:06 +1000
Subject: Re: TANSTAAFL

Mark A. Siefert wrote:

>	  As much as I would love to see a film version of "TMiaHM, I
have my
> reservations about the project being undertaken in Hollywoods current
> creative climate. (or rather lack thereof)

You mean, as in TNT? But then again, who said anything about Hollywood
being involved?

> Science fiction cinema these
> days is controlled by two elements: 1)Action, 2) Special Effects.

Concur.

> Although there are quite a few riot and battle scenes described in
> "TMiaHM" as well as some great FX potential, it is the plot and the
> characters that Heinlein presented that drove the novel.

Absolutely.

Before this degenerates into a "me too" thread, how about doing some
casting?

Gospodin Manuel O'Kelly Davis - no idea
Wyoming Knott - again, no idea
Prof Bernado De La Paz - Robyn Williams
Mycroft Holmes/Adam Selene - Max Headrooom

Scriptwriter/Head Honcho with full creative responsibility: JMS

"To Dream the impossible Dream"... hey, this might just possibly be
doable.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: RE: FT AAR - Operation Furious Riposte - 20,000 pt battle Next: Re: [OT] AAR format