Prev: Re: [FT] Screen Value Next: Re: Time/Space scale

RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@n...>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 08:10:00 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern

>Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 13:22:52 +1000
>From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@museum.vic.gov.au>
>Subject: RE: [SG2] Battle Report - Neu Bayern
>
>This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not
understand
>this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.
>
>- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF51AB.FDCFBCEF
>
>Hi Scott,
>
>Very scary facing AI tanks? What rules did you use for the Cybertanks?
>
>Owen G

    Actually, the tanks themselves were not so scary, it was the loss of
the
suppression and break tests that made them so tough.  I can provide
mock-up
pictures of the action since I own most of the items that were used in
the
game, if anyone is interested.

    We used the standard vehicle rules for the tanks (which we used the
Star
Wars Episode I drone fighters as the tanks).
    Size: 2  (10 Capacity points) Light Grav tank
    Armor: 2 Front, 1 elsewhere
    Weapons: 2 Size 3 HEL w/ Superior Fire Control (Considering the
onboard
computer doing all the work), 2 gattling Anti infantry guns.

    The tanks rules:
    Ignore suppression results.
    No break tests required.
    No transferring of actions from command units (central AI).
    Special Damage chart for penetrating hits on internal systems.  The
luck
of the dice would 50% of the time destroy the tank if the armor was
defeated.  Other possible hits were: Central Processor, Propulsion,
weapon,
targeting systems.

    A cyber tank was hard to defeat since the weapons allowed to the
units
were 'light' compared to the relative thickness of the tank's armor.
The
small arms were virtually useless, which made the units expendable meat
mostly while the heavy weapons were the only things firing to any
effect.
The defensive guns were just as bad, except they could not move.
    In SG2 it's important to leverage the morale factor on the enemy.
When
you get into hammering each other more times than not, the morale factor
wins the game.	This cybertank assault was the epitome of examples on
the
one guy in our group who didn't believe in the morale factor himself.
Now
he is a believer.  Without the suppressions, it was harder to feel
comfortable sending your squad out into the open, when you knew that the
tank was going to get a turn while their butts were hanging out.

    Actually this game was two separate games that we linked together on
two
different tables.  The defensive guns were on the left table, while the
tank
assault was on the right.  Things were not going well on the right
table, so
when the left table was done, the commander decided to move in and
relieve
the right flank.  The figures moved across the tables at their normal
rates.
When they reached the opposite side (the edge of the table where the two
tables should meet), the started on the next table in that turn.  We
also
used card draws to make the selection of units more random and
interesting.
Of course my 20mm Blade figures saw quite a lot of action in that game
as
well as all of those Galoob micro machine Star Wars figures.  It was
quite
fun.

Scott

Prev: Re: [FT] Screen Value Next: Re: Time/Space scale