Prev: RE: HAPPY XMAS! [CLEAN STAMP] Next: RE: Help... in search of the UN ship minis link

Re: FT: Transporting minis

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:08:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: FT: Transporting minis

On 20-Dec-99 at 20:37, Ted Arlauskas (ted@naxera.com) wrote:
> Hey, here's a question for you FT gamers -
> how do you transport/store your fleet?  I've
> superglued my FT ships to their metal stands.
> They flop over if I carry them in a box and I'm
> not too keen on laying them down sideways...

Well, you're a bit late for what I currently do.  Taken off
a  list suggestion my FT minis and bases are seperate.
I went to the hobby store and bought some square brass
tubing, the tubing on the ship fits inside the tubing
attached to the base.  When I am done playing the two
pieces come apart and go into a Plano tackle box.  One
of the nice things is I only needed to make about a dozen
bases since I really don't expect to see more than this
in a fleet.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to transport the big
UN ship.  I'm basing it the same but those big crossed
wings make things a bit more difficult.  Oh well, probably
back to cutting foam.  My FSE fleet was much easier. :)

Roger

Prev: RE: HAPPY XMAS! [CLEAN STAMP] Next: RE: Help... in search of the UN ship minis link