Prev: Re: [FT] Jump limits Next: Re: [FT] Jump limits

Re: [FT] Jump limits

From: "The next time you ask me a hypothetical question, the answer is 'no'" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 08:25:30 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Jump limits

>	PS: Anyone know how to determine the colour of a star in RGB
form
>given its luminosity ? I had to guess and something a little closer to
>reality would be nice.

You can't tell the color of a star from luminosity. The color of a
star is temperature-dependent, not luminosity-dependent. I refer you
to a Hertzprung-Russell diagram for an illustration of this:

   http://astrosun.tn.cornell.edu/courses/astro201/hrdiagram.htm

(though admittedly I've seen very few *green* stars in my time	;-)

Mk
-
Dr T: "I'm speechless"

Indy: "No you're not; you're still talking"

Prev: Re: [FT] Jump limits Next: Re: [FT] Jump limits