Prev: Re: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams....... Next: RE: the great SM debate

Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (long)

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 09:55:38 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (long)

G'day Noam,

>The potentially most devastating FT player is one with the intuition to
>place SM's properly the lion's share of the time. I dread one day
having to
>face him/her across a table, whether or not I have my Sheir/Karakau
jammers
>with me. Such a player would make the SM's look horrendously
unbalanced. I
>think they're barely balanced with players with "merely" reasonable
>intuition.

OK I can't claim to be a mega-placer of SMs, but I think I do reasonably
well so I'll have a crack at this comment ;)
Think Showdown Noam, yeah sure I toasted one of your big ships (and then
listened to Jer at least question whether or not they were too strong),
but
then I had nothing left and had to try and last out the rest of the game
flying at high speed in circles (cos I couldn't just leave the table) in
the hope you'd all hit the walls before I did. Admittedly towards the
end I
did an amazing job of placing myself in the perfect target position, but
even if I hadn't I doubt that with all the beams you had left that the
result would've been much different - the NSL beams won that game not my
SMs.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: Beth's emines and Heavy Beams....... Next: RE: the great SM debate