Prev: Re: PDS vs SMs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608)

Re: Boarding combat

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:43:07 +0100
Subject: Re: Boarding combat

Steve Gill  wrote:

> I know the navy guys are going to hate me for this, but how about a
> slightly more realistic version.
>
> Normal crew will score one kill on a 6.
> Marines will score one kill on a 3-4, two on a 5, three on a 6.
>
> <the fully realistic version would be more like marines score kills
equal to
> the roll of one die>
>
> Ships crew versus marines shouldn't stand a chance.

Both these versions assume that there are no organic marines already
included in the crew BFs. They also have very serious game balance
problems if you start using ST-style teleporters - you basically remove
all ships too small to carry screens from the game, since a single
Marine BF would be sufficient to capture them - and they don't have
enough Mass to carry pure marine BFs of their own.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: PDS vs SMs/The GZG Digest V1 #608 Next: Re: [FT] SMLs and Banzai Jammers (Re: The GZG Digest V1 #608)