Prev: SG2 lite Next: Re: Ortillery platforms

re: [FT] Striking Colors

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 10:08:01 -0500
Subject: re: [FT] Striking Colors

> Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 12:23:33 -0500
> From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
> Subject: [FT] Striking Colors
>
>     I propose that the Ship Morale rules change the consequence of
> blowing your morale threshold roll from "striking your colors" to
> "breaking contact" a.k.a. "pull a Pavel Young."    Ships in this
> condition would accelerate at maximum speed away from all enemy
> ships--if not possible, away from all enemy ships of equal or greater
> mass.   The ship would only surrender if it takes another threshold
> check while attempting to break contact, or if it has no operable
> drives, or it is unable to get out of range within two turns.
>     If there's an admiral handy, perhaps the admiral could attempt to
> "repair" the ship's morale.
>
> - --Chris  DeBoe

our group has a similar view.

if the ship fails the morale roll, then break off.  if it fails
extremely bad,
then strike colors.  if morale fails again while morale currently
failed, then
strike colors.	the fleet admiral may attempt to spend command points to
rally
any ships that are in failed morale state.  we make morale rolls when
the
damage reaches the 25%, 50% and 75% damage level (which corresponds to
the threshold check trigger).

david

Prev: SG2 lite Next: Re: Ortillery platforms