Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names) Next: Re: GEVs, ACVs, ground effect, etc etc etc

Re: GEVs

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 09:22:01 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: GEVs

On  6-Dec-99 at 00:21, Allan Goodall (agoodall@interlog.com) wrote:

> Then as soon as you hit the slope the air pressure will drop. You will
have
> to run the fans up to a higher power as the volume in the skirt
increases,
> or you risk grounding the vehicle.

This is pretty academic because we've (as far as I'm concerned) shot
this
idea down, however, how do you get the air pressure dropping?  I would
see the tank hit the slope, the front skirt would raise, at which point
the pressure would go up.  When the whole tank was on the slope  the
front skirt would be compressed and the back extended.	Pressure back
to normal.  Are you not assuming active skirts?

The problem with a fantasy system is to get everyone having the same
fantasy.

Roger

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] MORE NEW SHIPS.... (Class Names) Next: Re: GEVs, ACVs, ground effect, etc etc etc