Prev: A good point about combined arms Next: [FT] Crew Quality

Re: GEVs/Grav

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 18:30:41 EST
Subject: Re: GEVs/Grav

In a message dated 12/2/99 4:43:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com writes:

> I think you're overestimating the importance of fusion power, too. A
>  bit like having a miniature nuclear reactor powering your tanks IMO
:-/

>  Regards,
>
>  Oerjan Ohlson

Darn--and I've been designing all those FGP tracked vehicles, too!  Oh
well,
I guess it's back to the old drawing board...
...NOT.  I actually use the FGP's in some designs because of supply
reasons
(not everyplace will have a plentiful supply of petrochems, but water is

pretty abundant).

Seriously, I do not think that you can easily overestimate the effect
that
small, pwerful, portable fusion plants would have on vehicle (and
weapon)
design and tactics, logistics, and just about everything else.	Going
out on
a limb, I would say that comparing CFE armies to FGP would be like
horse-and-buggy vs WW2 motorized.  Not a great analogy, but something
like
that anyway.

Rob

Rob

Prev: A good point about combined arms Next: [FT] Crew Quality