Prev: Re: GEVs Next: RE: combat 'droids

combat 'droids

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 13:45:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: combat 'droids

On the semi-alien race thing, I'm trying to model the combat
droids in SW.  Here's what I was thinking:

Droids come in two types, leaders and soldiers.  Leaders are
all average, soldiers are all average.	Due to the limited
capabilities of Droids leaders do not carry weapons.

Droids do not need to make morale rolls, however, all other
rolls (such as going IP) are still made.

Due to the limited inititative of soldier droids if there
are no leader droids with the unit the droids will continue
to follow whatever their last set of orders were.  That is
why a (SW) squad of Droids consists of 6 combat droids
and 2 leader droids.  Due to some severe problems (annoyed
troops disconnecting voice boxes) humans and droids are
never mixed within a squad.

Combat Droid:

Armor: d8
Mobility: 6"  (No extra combat move)
Small Arms Type: Snub Blaster (not sure what to call it)
FP: 2
Impact: d10

Look OK or is it going to blow things out of the water?

Roger

Prev: Re: GEVs Next: RE: combat 'droids