Prev: RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures Next: RE: DSII for the 2020s

Re: DSII for the 2020s

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 11:17:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DSII for the 2020s

On  3-Dec-99 at 11:14, Los (los@cris.com) wrote:
> >> 1. If your tanks are firing chemical propellant rounds: The
overpressure
> >> on a 120mm main tank gun can kill a soldier within a ninety degree
arc
> >> out to 200 meters.
>

> Actually my choice of the word shrapnel is not quite accurate, it's
> basicaly two pieces, the left and right half of the sabot, but it's
just as
> deadly.

This is just my understanding and could be wrong, however,

Vehicles don't survive without infantry support.  So how
does infantry support something that, in order to perform
its mission, may well kill them?

What I'm getting at is how do you escort something like this?
I'm assuming "kill a soldier to 200 meters" also means anyone
within 40 or so meters in any arc is going to at least be
injured, even if it is just extreme hearing damage.

Roger

Prev: RE: [SG2] Seeking anyone with 20mm Blade Miniatures Next: RE: DSII for the 2020s