Prev: Re: Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield? Next: Stealth & Names

Re: Star keeper/assigner

From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 18:47:20 +1000
Subject: Re: Star keeper/assigner

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> RWHofrich@aol.com wrote:
> > Okay, I'm giving up writing stuff about the Romanov's since someone
else
> > already has a web site devoted to that topic.  So, who is the grand
keeper of
> > the star map?  Has anyone claimed GI 339.1 (at -7:2:7), LP 90-18 (at
-7:3:6),
> > and GJ 1119 (at -8:1:7)?
>
>	  I'm more or less the map keeper by default.
>	  As it currently stands, you can look at the non-canonical map.
>	  Any star that isn't labeled as part of a star empire is fair
game.

...and that specifically _includes_ all the M Types that are
"notionally" claimed by the OU. None are labelled: they're all up for
grabs. This may change in future, but the whole idea of the OU "We'll
claim everything" bit is to answer the question of why there's so much
that isn't claimed by someone, by saying "Oh that useless system -
that's OU". It's _not_ to stop other people from grabbing anything they
feel they need.
--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: Just what will we see on the GZGVerse battlefield? Next: Stealth & Names