Prev: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery Next: RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

Re: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:50:36 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK

>Hi again,
>    I have stumbled onto something that I hope anyone in the UK may be
able
>to help me with.  I am looking for a range of Sci-Fi figures from Blade
>Miniatures (101 Church St., Atworth, Melksham, Whitshire, SN12 8JA).
They
>had a line of 20mm figures that were being sold around 1995 or so.
They
>have since gone under, and I would like to find:
>
>1) The owner of the molds (either to purchase them, or for a small run
of
>the line)
>2) Anyone who may have some of these figures for sale/trade what have
you.
>3) Any way to get their items whatsoever.
>4) E-mail or phone number for Michael Percy of SHQ
>5) E-mail or phone number for Nick Rees (I am guessing that he is the
>original owner of Blade???)

I picked up one pack from a clearance bin last year
(12 infantry), and I'd like to get hold of a few more.
The package I have says it was Imported by Brookhurst Hobbies,
Garden Grove, CA, 714-636-3580.

>The sci-fi line was absolutely beautiful work (namely Michael Percy of
SHQ
>had done the sculpting), and Nick Rees did the vehicles.

I haven't seen the vehicles, but I agree based on the figs I have.
They're generic SF, sort of Starship Troopers with a reality check,
nicely detailed and proportioned, with a lot of poses (I think
9 poses out of 12 figs in the pack I have).

>I could use any
>form of communication or information regarding the whereabouts of the
Blade
>molds, masters, old inventory, used items, former owners, business
>information, etc.
>
>It seems that mail delivered to the Church Street address is accepted,
but
>there is never a reply or returned mail - so I can only assume that
this
>location is a residence of some sort.	If someone can help identify who
or
>what is at this address, I would be greatly appreciative.
>
>Please - if anyone on the list can help, please do!  If I can purchase
the
>molds, I will be _VERY_ happy and able to recreate a fantastic line of
>figures from a dead company.

If you do, I'll buy a bunch (only 1 or 2 armies' worth, though).
Unfortunately, the market seems to have shifted toward larger
scales in recent years.

>Thank you for your time

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds