Prev: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: Re: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK

Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 22:50:31 -0700
Subject: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery

>I have to wonder if we need rules for longer ranged missile ortillery
>against fixed positions from just outside of the orbit of the planet.
>Could you even get that kind of accuracy and penetration through
>planetary defenses?

Leaving aside the planetary defenses for a moment, in FT
you can hit a mass-10 scout with a capital (MT) missile
or missile salvo. The scout can't be more than a couple of
hundred feet long; they way I envision them, it'd be around 100'.

- Sam

"I used to bullseye womp-rats in my T16 back home, and
they can't be much more than 3 meters!"
- Luke Skywalker (almost certainly misremembered/misquoted)
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
Reynolds Virtual Workshop: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol