Prev: Re: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea) Next: Still Neu Bremen

Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 23:37:23 EST
Subject: Re: Gen Con - a Canadian thought

In a message dated 11/24/99 5:52:28 PM Central Standard Time,
dean.gundberg@noridian.com writes:

<< > The one thing I can say, by moving it to Indianna, they move it
from a
 > driveable option to a plane ticket for most of us Canadians - least
for
 > me from Ottawa. It was already a trip to Milwaukee.

 How is this?  Indianapolis is closer to Ottawa than Milwaukee.  Using
 Mapquest.com it even showed an hour less of estimated travel time (14
hours
 compared to 15).

 I was at mapquest checking out how long it would take to get to
Lancaster,
 PA and GZG-ECC from Fargo, ND...a bit over 24 hours.

Well, using the same web site, i figured how long and how far it was to
get
to either destination. For Indianapolis it was 1417.2 miles, est. time
of 27
hrs, 3 min. For Milwaukee it was 1576.2 mi, est time29 hrs, 57 min.
(SIGH)
Having already priced airline tickets to the midwest, that isn't an
option
either. Unless I either get rich quick, win the lotto, or some other
improbability, like Gen-Con "floating" from city to city, I'm not going
get there in the near future.

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea) Next: Still Neu Bremen