Prev: RE: GZG Fleet Rosters Next: RE: Paint Stripping

Paint Stripping

From: CGS <michael@c...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:04:37 +0000
Subject: Paint Stripping

For stripping from resin, no suffestions, but:
On metal I have used cellulose thinners and paint stripper. The latter
is wonderful on acrylics, they just come off in sheets. The latter is
better for enamel and will also eat epoxy - I rescued some old Games
Workshop Star Trek ships and an SJG Ogre Mk V with it (remember the
Chandley anyone?). I am really tempted to clone the Ogres (I have a Mk
III and V) but this raises a lot of legal issues.

Cellulose thinners will soften resin - useful if you want to bend little
bits. I have left it soaking for an hour or so with no ill effects, but
I would be very wary about anything important.

I have not tried oven cleaner but it is wonderful for cleaning the glass
front of our fire, and if it can handle that (wood tars?) paint should
not be a problem.

Michael

Prev: RE: GZG Fleet Rosters Next: RE: Paint Stripping