Prev: Re: Romans Next: RE: [DS] Micro Armour

[OT] Leonid Meteor Shower peaks tonite

From: "Unless your people get off their encounter-suited butts and do something, I've got nothing to lose!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:26:59 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [OT] Leonid Meteor Shower peaks tonite

Yeah, sorry, this is off the topic of Full Thrust and related games. But
wanted to let you all know (those who are interested, anyway) that
tonite
is the peak for the Leonid Meteor Shower. The actual estimated 'peak' is
supposed to occur between 9p and 10p Eastern Standard Time [US] (which
means for our European readers, you are going to be reasonably
well-placed
to catch sight of the maximum number of meteors per hour - and they are
*estimating* several hundred, possibly more). However, just because the
peak is well-placed for Europe does not preclue others from enjoying the
show, either. Could still see upwards of 100/hour (assuming perfect sky
conditions, no light pollution, perfect horizons :).  More info at:

      http://WWW.LEONIDSTORM.COM/
      http://WWW.LEONIDSTORM.COM/related-sites.html

(mind you, the times of peaking are *estimated*; last year they were off
by nearly 16 hours - last year's estimated hourly rate was 400-1000, but
it actually was in the 200-400 range during peak).

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gaming.  :-)

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: Romans Next: RE: [DS] Micro Armour