Prev: Re: Romans Next: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

[OT]PBEM

From: Magnus Alexandersson <m96maal@m...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 19:11:30 +0100 (MET)
Subject: [OT]PBEM

Hello, all!

This is a question to all out there who runs PBEM.

Me and some friends are going to try the world of PBEM since we're
spread
through out sweden. As a first game, we have decided to use GW Space
Hulk. This is mostly because all knows the rules and there aren't very
much you can do when it's your turn. Not many differing options that is.

The actual question is how to solve the 'if-threads' that occur when you

identify the enemy and targetting potential threats. The "if that one is

gone then carry on forward, if not, continue firing" routine can become
cumbersome.

When you run FT PBEM, do you give orders to all you ships at the same
time ... or?

One ship at a time will take forever.

If you want to discuss it here on the list or if you can point me to an
URL that gives tips to a newbie in PBEM, then say so.

///Magnus

Prev: Re: Romans Next: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)