Prev: RE: SG2: GMS vs Power Armor Next: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

Re: KV armour in DS2

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:46:35 +1300
Subject: Re: KV armour in DS2

Brian wrote:
> I was pondering on how to include KV integral armour from full thrust
in DS2, and I thought maybe this could be done by allowing KV tanks to
go 1 above their size class in armour, but pay 2/3/4 times the cost.
Any ideas?

One interesting alternative is to alter the effectiveness of weapons
systems versus KV armour. For example the table on page 29 of the DSII
rules, could be manipulated to produce different valid damage chits.

This chart of weapon and armour effectiveness may be of some use:

System			Effectiveness
------			-------------
HEL:				 50%
HEL:				 25%		- Ablative Armour

RFAC & HVC
- Close:			 75%
- Medium:			 50%
- Long: 		 25%

HKP & MDC
- Close:			100%
- Medium:			 75%
- Long: 		 50%

DFFG:
- Close:			200%
- Medium:			100%
- Long: 		 50%

IAVR, GMS & SLAM
- Normal:			 75%
- Ablative:			 75%
- Reactive:			 50%
- Active:			 25%

HEF
- Infantry:			 75%
- Infantry:			 50%		- Dug-in or Urban
- Armour:			 25%
- Armour:			Ineff.	- Dug-in or Urban

MAK
- Armour:			 75%
- Armour:			 50%		- Dug-in or Urban
- Infantry:			 25%
- Infantry:			Ineff.	- Dug-in or Urban

DPL (Dual Purpose Loads)
- all:			 50%
- all:			 25%		- Dug-in or Urban

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!
-><-

Prev: RE: SG2: GMS vs Power Armor Next: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?