Prev: [ADMIN] I'm offline for a week Next: GZG Fleet Rosters (was: RE: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course))

Re: FTL Transports (was: Tugs & Firing Arcs)

From: Bobby Mock <bobbymock@j...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:25:37 -0600
Subject: Re: FTL Transports (was: Tugs & Firing Arcs)

Random thought:

What about a network of FTL tugs, with little or no normal drives
(similar to Traveller X-Boats, except for cargo, not mail).

Lager Cargo XB's would warp to a pickup point and download cargo to
smaller non-FTL tugs which would take the cargo to in-system locations.

I have not really thought out the practicality, it just seemed like an
interesting idea. These pickup points would make good targets for pirate
raids or terrorist acts or strategic actions.

Bobby

Prev: [ADMIN] I'm offline for a week Next: GZG Fleet Rosters (was: RE: [FT] NAC Fleet Roster (unofficial, of course))