Prev: FW: Winter War 27, February 4 - 6, 2000, Champaign, IL Next: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

Re: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again)

From: Tom Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:59:50 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again)

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> [snip]

> You asked for it <g>

indeed; i was arther hoping you'd give them a good going-over.

> The Schelde-class FF seems to use only 19 of its 20 Mass.

ah, so it does. i'll give it another PDS.

> The Holland-class definitely has too few FCs. I know it says so in the
> text, but I don't consider 2 FCs on a pulse-torp-and-beam BDN to be a
> mere disadvantage - I consider it a crippling deficiency. I'd swap one
> armour for an extra FC; it doesn't reduce the survivability of the
> ship significantly, but it *does* improve the amount of firepower
> available no end - particularly since this ship may well suffer
> treshold hits before it has lost all its armour.
>
> The CA has the same problem, but it isn't quite as important for that
> one since it only has one pulse torp anyway.

okay, okay, i'll add another FC. i don't really want to take off a point
of armour, for essentially aesthetic reasons (i currently follow the 2:1
hull:armour ratio exactly); instead, i'll take off one of the fairly
useless 1-batts. i'll do this for the Holland and Van Amstel classes.

thanks very much for your comments!

tom

Prev: FW: Winter War 27, February 4 - 6, 2000, Champaign, IL Next: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic