Prev: GZG Player Location Page (was: 'Dallas', 'New Guy', etc) Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?

Re: [FT] PBeM

From: Do not pass when solid yellow line is on your side of the road <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 09:39:11 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] PBeM

I'm only now catching up on SOME of my hideous backlog of email.  :-/

[PBeM firing solutions for computer-moderated games]
>Comments? Suggestions?  (I'm casting out the suggestion line again here
;) )

The PBeM games I've run (and subsequently played in) have allowed
players
to specify 'closest target of such-and-such a size within a given range
bracket'. This allowed for the ability to nail the battlecruiser that
was
13 mu away over the corvette who was 3 mu away if the firing ship
wanted.

Also, I have run games that have used the 'standard' fire rotation
sequence
of Full Thrust and games that have used a 'simultaneous fire' sequence.
There
is some difference to the end results of each, but no less the drama.
:)

Note: all the games I've run, and I believe most if not all the games
I've
played in have been human-moderated games. Little easier to issue
somewhat
more vague orders that stand a chance of getting interpretted how you
hope
they will, since the 'computer' you're supplying the orders to is
already
'programmed'.  :)

For what it's worth (you did ask for comments/suggestions ;).

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/index.html

Prev: GZG Player Location Page (was: 'Dallas', 'New Guy', etc) Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced?