Prev: Re: anti fighter missiles Next: Re: New guy

[FT] MT missile control

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:31:10 +1000
Subject: [FT] MT missile control

G'day again,

More from Derek:

This grew out of a battle I had with Nik recently using the sensor and
ECM
rules we are using in our local campaign, Nik  was using an all cloaking
fleet, part of which were  5 frigates which carried 6 MT missiles (and
little else). The frigates launched their 30 missiles and next turn
immediately cloaked handing control of the missiles to a scout way
beyond
my weapons range. That's where Nik's plan became unstruck the scout had
standard sensors and a maximum active sensor range of 54" (based on the
range given in FULL THRUST), my fleet was beyond that so Nik's scout
could
not guide in the missiles (OOPS!!). After I finished laughing and picked
myself up off the floor we tossed around a few ideas and came up with
this.

What happens to a missile when there is not a firecon in active sensor
range?

For whatever reason if there isn't a working firecontrol system within
active sensor range of the target ship(s) during the 'More Thrust'
missile
phase then the missiles loses guidance. The missiles revert to an
autonomous back up guidance mode similar to that used by salvo
missiles.The
missile(s) will travel in the same direction as the previous turn for 18
inches (the movement allowance of a missile), they will continue along
this
course until they have expended all their CEF, at which time they
harmlessly self destruct. The first time the missile passes within 6
inches
of a enemy ship or 'boogie' it will immediately attempt to attack, roll
D6, on a roll of 1 or 2 the missile failed to acquire the target and is
removed from play. If the roll is 3 or more the missile attacks the
target
as normal.

Derek

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: anti fighter missiles Next: Re: New guy