Prev: Re:star databases (was: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???) Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 19:35:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

> Gamewise, Striker had each player role-playing a platoon or company
>commander.  To get the most out of a game a player HAD to be able to
> write an effective operations order.	More on the simulation side of
the > hobby.

<g> You could say that, yes. I don't remember what the WW2 version is
called - virtually same mechanics, somewhat different stats - but some
of my friends use it to re-fight Market-Garden... slightly re-scaled;
each model represents about four vehicles :-)

I was the Allied overall commander for the first session - 36 hours
game time (not playing time!). We performed pretty much historically -
not identically, of course (the Germans were allowed to deploy as they
saw fit rather than historically), but we got about as far and took
about as heavy losses as the 30th did.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re:star databases (was: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???) Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)