Prev: RE: New Figure Company? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

Re:star databases (was: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???)

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 10:18:57 -0800
Subject: Re:star databases (was: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???)

At 1:14 PM -0500 11/2/99, Do not pass when solid yellow line is on
your side of the road wrote:
>[...]
>>>
>>>Actually it's on neither list (ummmm...okay, might be on the binary
list,
>>>as it is a companion to a multi-star system). And being 11th mag, a
little
>>>too faint to be seen naked eye (Polaris is mag ~1.9).
>>>
>>>(hint: try looking it up on SIMBAD)
>>>
>>>Mk
>>
>>At this point I'll declare defeat and stick with my nice, provincial
>>near star list and whatever a quick websearch comes up with.
>
>SIMBAD's a nice, handy database on stars with which you can dig up
>all kinds of info with. Another resource for those of you who want
>to find out various tidbit information on a given star for your fave
>empire/stellar government. :)	It's not the end-all be-all of databases
>for stars, but it is fairly comprehensive:
>
>    http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/Simbad
>
>But as it is geared for the more professional astronomer some info in
>it may seem a bit esoteric.  ;-)

I'll add it to my bookmarks in case this comes up again.

>(ps: earlier-mentioned star is Proxima Centauri)
>
>Mk

Of course !

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: RE: New Figure Company? [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)