Prev: Re: GZG History (Timeline) Next: RE: Scale of Stargrunt

Re: Scale of Stargrunt

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:51:30 -0400
Subject: Re: Scale of Stargrunt

> > That's about what I was looking for, thanks. I'm essentially trying
> >  set up a (reasonably) true-to-scale assault on the central campus
of my
> >  university, and I'm busy converting the map into measurements....
>
> Hmm, interesting, as long as you're not going to use the results to do
> something bad.

If I can get together a company of troops with rifles, heavy weapons,
and mechanized support, I probably won't use it to attack my university.
That, I think, is the main reason the admin isn't reacting badly to the
plan. I introduced a quick alternate history involving a civil war
between a separate Quebec and the rest of Canada (which is at least
possible, considering that a) the last referendum was VERY close, b)
some northern parts of Quebec have announced an intent to separate FROM
Quebec and re-join Canada if Quebec separates, c) Quebec has officially
stated that while Quebec can secede from Canada unilaterally, parts of
Quebec may NOT secede from Quebec without the permission of the Quebec
government d) the Quebec government sent letters to Canadian Forces
Bases in Quebec before the last referendum asking them to join Quebec if
it separated).

Anyway, the administration didn't see a simulated confrontation between
Quebec and Canadian militaries, with students caught in the middle
(playing much the same role that reporters normally play) as something
which was likely to happen anytime soon....

> >  Of course, I could always try running this with FMA...I imagine a
> >  company-size operation could take a full weekend (and many cases of
> beer....)
> What does FMA stand for?
> -Stephen

As said before, "Full Metal Anorak." I suppose that I was REALLY
referring to the product currenltly (as far as I know) named "FMA
Skirmish," which involves individual soldiers (and a TRUE 25mm scale-
1:60). I was just imagining ~20 university students fighting a
company-sized action man to man over a weekend....

As for letting people know how it goes, it probably won't happen until
January or February. I still have to build the scale buildings (and
maybe grab some 6mm figures if I can find any anywhere), and that's
probably going to take awhile, even at 1:300.

Brian Quirt

Prev: Re: GZG History (Timeline) Next: RE: Scale of Stargrunt