Prev: Re: Traveller (OT) Next: Re: [OT] Alternity & Starting from the ground up...

Re: [OT] Alternity & Starting from the ground up...

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 14:27:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Alternity & Starting from the ground up...

***
I had it and we played, it was a great system which I am still
kicking myself for letting go.	That is the system I would love
to adapt to Traveller if I could ever find a copy.  Guess I should
search eBay again.
***

I may have a spare copy around. Perhaps I should flog it on eBay.
;->=

***
The GM has to be rather strict, there is a tendancy for the CO
to attempt to micromanage everything.  I took care of this with
time limits.  Starting now you have 20 seconds...
***

Back when I was trying to to work a computer mag's multi-seat
ship simulator (Interface Age's?) from the original dumb-terminal
to LAN'd PC's, I always thought of engineering as a version of
Atari's old Scram simulator. Try micro-managing THAT over
someone's shoulder! *heh heh*

Still, I'd say that FT is more for the generating of large ebb
and flow of the universe in which a campaign is run. Generating
the battles/assaults from which Traveller Advisories are
generated.

***
Has anyone looked at TSR's Alternity system and their ship combat.
***

I had trouble FINDING them. Not sure that I did. What I did find
looked very VERY sparse to me. The kind of role-playing with a
couple of decisions followed by a die roll or two, then, 'after
the battle...'

If I just didn't give it a fair go, let me know.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Traveller (OT) Next: Re: [OT] Alternity & Starting from the ground up...