Prev: Re: Starting from the ground up... Next: Re: Out-of-date designs

Re: Starting from the ground up...

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 13:46:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Starting from the ground up...

On 27-Oct-99 at 13:43, devans@uneb.edu (devans@uneb.edu) wrote:

> I'd say the REAL problem with using FT in RPG is the
> granularity of action. FASA's first ST simulator had a level
> of play where there were at least 4 (maybe 6?) bridge
> stations.

I had it and we played, it was a great system which I am still
kicking myself for letting go.	That is the system I would love
to adapt to Traveller if I could ever find a copy.  Guess I should
search eBay again.

> I have the system, but never played. Don't know how well it
> worked; just using your PC's characteristic to accomplish
> a task that was straight-forwardly produced in the courser
> level sounds like a yawn, but if the engineer had to actually
> balance energy, keep track of systems, and interact with
> other crew, there might be interest in there...

The GM has to be rather strict, there is a tendancy for the CO
to attempt to micromanage everything.  I took care of this with
time limits.  Starting now you have 20 seconds...

Roger

Prev: Re: Starting from the ground up... Next: Re: Out-of-date designs