Prev: [FT] Dereks OU (was UN SDN stuff) Next: URL Change

RE: Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 10:22:28 +1000
Subject: RE: Fighters - Multi Role, Recce, SWAC, ECM/EW [FT] [FB]

I've got a few ideas, old and new which might work:
1.	EW fighters:	1 fighter in the group loses all antiship
capability
& is reduced to torpedo dogfight capability (1 kill on a 6).  While this
fighter is alive, the squadron ignores the first kill each turn (not
each
attack or PDS die).  The defender can choose when to lose this fighter
attrition (do you lose it early to retain your antiship or keep the
defence
help?)

2.	Not sure what you're referring to here.

3.	Recce fighters would have their standard DFO slot replaced by
sensors (see 4.)

4.	I've actually designed all the fighter types using SG/DS.
Although
not completely modular in the way you're referring to, the basic hull &
weapons loadout for all the fighters are the same.  Size 4, 2 x HEL/3,
GMS/H
& DFO/multirole mounts.
See:  http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/sg/fighters.htm
for current details.