Prev: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!

Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:04:53 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Steven M Goode wrote:

> You could model them as a bunch of ball-mounted small tubes scattered
> around the perimeter of the ship.  Basically, get a small (1 cm?)
wooden
> sphere, drill a hole through it, slice off a bit of the sphere at one
> end of the hole, and insert a tube (brass or aluminum or something
from
> the art store) into the hole.  Then mount the flat side of the sphere
> (where you cut off the small bit) on the ship's side.  That way, you'd
> get 360 degree coverage without sacrificing space in the ship.

I like that idea better than simply adding turrets where none exist, but
I'm not
sure I'd like the look on these ships.	I almost like the idea of having
the
weapons implied rather than modeled specifically.  Among other things,
it makes
the ships look sleeker.

Still, it might be worth a try.

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs... Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG!