Prev: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft

Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...

From: "The ledge is a favorite hangout for pigeons. The white stuff is not chalk." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 09:03:10 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet another take on the UNSC SDNs...

>On a related note, has anyone developed stats for the NSL, Kaiser
>Friedrich class light carrier?

Is there a 'Kaiser Friedrich' class CVL for the NSL? I couldn't find
mention of one in any of the text write-ups in the fleetbook (granted
I just skimmed it quickly again and could have missed the entry). This
is the NSL CVL I was calling the HAMBURG-class:

Mass 150
Strong Hull (15/15/15/15)
Thrust-2
FTL
10 Armour
2xHangar Bay
4xPDS
3xFireCon
3xClass-1
2xClass-2 (AP/FP/F, AS/FS/F)
3xClass-3 (AP/FP/F, AS/FS/F, FP/F/FS)

CVL - While not many in number, the NSL do have a light carrier - the
HAMBURG
class. Like most all NSL vessels, this ship was meant to go up against
its
opposition directly, not hang back like NAC carriers do. Thus limited in
its
fighter-carrying capacity, it compensates for it with an offensive punch
that
makes the enemy take notice. The only 'drawback' to this is that the
ship has
the same armor value as the MARIA VON BURGUND-class battleships,
although is
has a Mass value of 30 greater than the same. Construction continues,
however,
if only to make up for combat losses suffered during the Third Solar
War.

    First entered service: 2170
    Currently in NSL service: 12
    Lost in action: 4
    Decommissioned/scrapped: 1
    Relegated to reserve fleet: Nil
    Sold to other forces: 1
    Under construction: 4
    Procurement cost: 4730 MUcr

Ships in class: HAMBURG, NIEDERSACHSEN, BREMEN, BRANDENBURG, HESSEN,
THURINGEN, ANHALT, SCHLESWIG-HOLSTEIN, BAYERN, BADEN-WURTTEMBURG,
SACHSEN II, RHEINLAND-PFALZ

(taken from my NSL fleet roster at:
  http://www.bcpl.net/~indy/full-thrust/nsl_roster.html )

Mk
-
Dr T: "I'm speechless"

Indy: "No you're not; you're still talking"

Prev: RE: KV unofficial FB conversions Next: Re: Starship deck plans, first draft