Prev: Re: Casting your own... Next: Re: Metal Molder (was Re: Casting your own...)

Re: UNSC SDN-X

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:56:36 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC SDN-X

>Let's see, buy an SDN-X
>
>remove two engine pods and the extra cargo,
>SDN
>
>remove two of the four wings
>BDN
>
>remove all the wings
>CA
>
>Split the top and put one engine...
>
>This is great, I can start buying nothing but SDN-X's and
>mixing and matching to get a whole range of ships.  Wonderful
>design.

That's the idea! Just be aware that the SDN-X has a single cruciform
mount
for the 4 drives, so that will need sawing down to fit just 2 engines
(the
SDN has a 2-drive mount, a different part). Once we get some of the
smaller
classes out (very soon!) you'll ba able to do fun stuff like using all
the
"cargo" units you have left from your SDN-X conversions, along with a
smaller forward hull and drives, to make some cool freighters....

Jon (GZG)