Prev: Armageddon Outfitter problems Next: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 11:14:02 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)

Well, I certainly can't imagine a SDN with less than average hull plus
armour.

Aesthetically, I see weapon mounts placed well away from the hull.  I
immediately think they must generate huge amounts of power so they
should be
very nasty weapons.  A wave gun or nova cannon seems like a possibility,
but
they could just be railguns, class 4 beams, pulse torpedoes, or need to
be
away from the hull to generate two screens.  Possibly, they should use a
new
weapon system like Heavy Beam Weapons from EFSB, or energy mines.  In my
opinion, FT needs a good area effect weapon and a more competitive
needle
beam weapon.

Mass wise, this ship doesn't look much more massive than anyone else's
SDN.

Prev: Armageddon Outfitter problems Next: Re: [FT] Sol SDN-X (2nd proposal)