Prev: RE: UNSC Ship Class Names [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Hoka figures

Re: SGII: Firing DFFG at infantry

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 08:37:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: SGII: Firing DFFG at infantry

On 20-Oct-99 at 23:06, Adrian Johnson (ajohnson@idirect.com) wrote:

> >1.	  It depends on how you mounted them.  If it's a twin mount (ie:
twin
> >turret), then they're fired together using 1 action (Q + FC + FC).
If
> >they're mounted separately, then they can only be fire using to
separate
> >fire actions.  Overall the twin mount is more efficient, but you need
> >use you other action to avoid wastage (movement is good)
>

> If they are sighted at the same impact point, why would you roll two
> separate FC die?  Same FC system guides both weapons... think about a
quad
> .50 cal anti-aircraft mount - you have ONE FC system for all of the
> weapons....
>
> In the case of a turret mounting two DFFGs, one would assume they are
made
> to be fired together at the same target, so roll a Quality die and a
> *single* FC die.  But since there are two weapons firing, if there is
> hit, the IMPACTs would be rolled separately.
>
> Alternately, the FC system might be set up to fire each of the DFFGs
> separately using the same FC, but from a game mechanic point of view,
you
> couldn't fire them with the same ACTION.  You would have to roll (Q +
FC)
> for the first weapon, resolve the hit, and then spend a separate
action to
> fire the other weapon.  This is kind of unusual though - the only
reason to
> have two of the same kind of weapon in the same turret with the same
FC
> system is to maximize the potential damage, so they'd fire together...
 On
> the other hand, maybe with weapons like the DFFG they need time to
cool
> between shots, so you put two in the turret to increase your fire
rate.....

OK, what should I use?	I'm putting together a AT-ST (chickenwalker) for
a star wars scenario.  I need to simulate the big blasters it fires.
I want them to be effective, but not as powerful as the quad SAW that
Mr. Barclay suggested (ouch). I could put two in a turret with seperate
fire
controls taking two actions as if I have them chained I might as well
turn one off.

Size 2, the rest is open.

Roger

Prev: RE: UNSC Ship Class Names [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Hoka figures