Prev: Re: [FT][FMA] Shipboard skirmishing Next: Re: A question of scale

RE: Inertial Compensators/Dampers as Core System

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:42:28 -0400
Subject: RE: Inertial Compensators/Dampers as Core System

I like this idea.
However, you could include it's effects in the life support systems
outage.
Until life support is repaired:
 Every time that a ship maneuvers roll a d6. The player must roll OVER
the
combined total of thrust, pushes and rotations (rotations count 1 per
clock
face) [Example: 1 point MD, 1 point push and a rotate of 3 would give a
total of 5: good chance of squishing some of your crew.]. For every
number
you miss by, cross off a damage box with a crew factor [*]. If you run
out
of damage control parties, the entire crew is dead. Also, future
threshold
checks are made as if the ship only had boxes on the line with the
remaining
crew indicators. The ship below lost the inertial dampeners to a
threshold
check. It then failed (by 2) a check when it maneuvered (loosing 2
additional crew factors). It now makes threshold checks as if it had one
damage row left.

xxxxxxxxXx
x0000x0000
000x00000
00*00000*

-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

[snip great idea]

Prev: Re: [FT][FMA] Shipboard skirmishing Next: Re: A question of scale