Prev: Hoka figures Next: RE: Inertial Compensators/Dampers as Core System

Re: [FT][FMA] Shipboard skirmishing

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:22:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT][FMA] Shipboard skirmishing

>> In a message dated 10/20/1999 8:51:46 PM Central Daylight
Time,
>> laserlight@quixnet.net writes:
>>
>> > b) turn OFF artificial grav?  Instead, have separate
areas
>> >  of the ship on independent grav control.	Kick it up
to 2
>> >  gee.  Or 3.  Or 4.  Or 5.  Whatever works.  Feeling
really
>> >  nasty?  Set magnitude at, say, 4 gees in a corridor
and
>> >  cycle polarity from positive to negative, say twice a
>> >  second.

Bill S wrote
>> I rather like this idea of artifical "shipquakes!"
YOUCH!	Marine yo-yos!

>> Bill
>
>Isn't this being rather -- hard -- on one's toys?  (grin)
>
>Donald Hosford

I came up with this idea for ship defense for a Traveller
campaign back around 1982.  We also had about 200 interior
anti-personnel laser turrets here and there in the
passageways, under automatic computer control.	For some
reason, most of the PC's preferred to ride in our _other_
ship...

Prev: Hoka figures Next: RE: Inertial Compensators/Dampers as Core System