Prev: Re: DSII: Artillery Next: Light and Heavy Infantry

Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him?

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 02:58:09 -0400
Subject: Where's a listenfuhrer when you need him?

Guys

I'm all for freedom of speech (he says as he suggests the opposite). But
I'm also for focus. This list usually has a reasonable S/N ratio.
Generic discussion of the properties of treaties and their adherence or
not is at best something that can be dragged OT for the pedia list if
enough force was applied, but applies very little in the standard GZG
list.

Whether anyone here truly understands the ramifications or rationales
behind international treaties (we have a lot of ex military, for all I
know we have ex-diplomats and foreign relations Phds) is almost
irrelevant to the issue of whether or not this discussion should
continue.

I'm not thumping on anyone, but I think the 'politeness' genes should
kick in since a number of folk have (in varying degrees of politeness)
suggested this little bruhaha be taken off-list. These lists are built
by communities, supported by them, and live or die by them. If a fair
portion of the community is alienated by a given thread, it should be
allowed to either die or move elsewhere as not conducive to the
community weal.

Our listenfuhrer VERY rarely exhibits any kind of impact on list
content, but in this one instance, if we can't aimiably draw it to a
conclusion expediently, I'm sure he may feel compelled. Let's not drive
things to that point.

I'm sure we'll all be happier in some other area of conversation.

Tom.

Prev: Re: DSII: Artillery Next: Light and Heavy Infantry