Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

Re: [DS] Anti-air

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 8:18:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Anti-air

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 10/13 8:53 PM >>>
Beth wrote:
Some questions from Derek:

>1) Opportunity fire against pop up targets - he's been playing it that
the
>opportunity firer fires before the VTOL doing the pop up fires. Derek
may
>have missed it, but he can't find if there's any mention of which way
it
>should be done. Is this how you guys do it?

Hi Beth.  We use opportunity fire the same as any other weapons
platform.
The unit(s) using opportunity fire always get a shot off first and
during
any point of the target's path of motion.

>2) Firing at VTOLS which are low - is there any limit at the size of
weapon
>which can fire at them, e.g. two-gun VTOL section pops up from behind a
>hill to attack with its GMSH a platoon of tanks armed with MDC5s (large
as
>possible size weapon). Once again Derek may have missed something
obvious,
>but the tanks get to fire with their MDC5s (big hulking gun) at agile,
>fleeting, VTOL target - it just doesn't seem to gel (he's unaware of
>today's main battle tanks aiming and engaging helicopters). Is there a
>limit to the size class that can engage, from the ground, VTOL's at low
>altitude?

There is no class limit.  All weapons except GMS can use opportunity
fire.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: RE: [OFFICIAL] New Stuff from GZG! Next: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book