Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: Re: [OT] Re: InterFET

Re: Scenario designs (was InterFET)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:33:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Scenario designs (was InterFET)

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Steven M Goode wrote:

> Excerpts from mail: 13-Oct-99 Scenario designs (was Inter.. by Brian
> Burger@victoria.tc
> > > Good idea!  You could do a number of "deniable" missions in the
same
> > > vein.  Capturing one of the "freedom fighters" would be a major
goal for
> > > the "oppressive government"'s troops, because it might allow them
> > > expose the charade.  Of course, that could spark a war, so maybe
some of
> > > the government troops might not *want* to make such a
> > > capture....different parts of the government force might thus have
> > > different objectives.
> >
> > This would be very cool. You could have, on the 'same side', the
local
> > militia/constabulary, who aren't enthused about noticing border
incursions
> > for a variety of reasons; and a central govt. patrol, lead by a
gung-ho
> > officer who want to seal the border entirely...
> >
> > Or do an urban setting, with police who don't want to find
themselves in
> > the middle of a full-blown firefight, and SpecOps types who have an
> > entirely seperate mission... Different commands with different
objectives
> > on the 'same side' is an idea that can be used in loads of
scenarios.

> The question is, how would you do this sort of thing if each player is
> controlling multiple groups with conflicting goals?  It's easy enough
> do if you have one set of objectives per player.  If you have more
than
> one, you'd have to restrict/sway what each unit will do based on their
> objectives.  Probably not impossible, but definitely tricky.	Any
ideas?

This type of scenario would have to be bigger than two people, and
should
probably have a referee just to be fair.

If you've only got two people - I think you're out of luck. Develop
multiple personalities?

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous. -T.
Pratchett

Prev: RE: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book Next: Re: [OT] Re: InterFET