Prev: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry (actually another one) Next: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry

IF ship names

From: Steven M Goode <gromit+@C...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 21:12:22 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: IF ship names

Unfortunately, I deleted the other messages in this thread, so I don't
know if these have been suggested:

Scimitar (perhaps for a fighter or light ship)
Prophet (for a really heavy ship)

"Prophet-class superdreadnought"...I like the sound of that, but what do
you name them besides Mohammed/Mehmet/etc.?  Of course, there's probably
only one per fleet, but still.

Of the ones that were mentioned that I remember I like Jihad, Muhajadeen
(sp?), and Saladin.  I'd stay away from the Koran.  What do people think
about using titles (Sultan, Sharif, Mullah, etc.)?

I can already see a fleet of these in my mind's eye....green, with white
crescent wings and white script on the sides.

Prev: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry (actually another one) Next: Re: [OT] Astronomical Inquiry