Prev: Re: InterFET Next: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book

Re: InterFET

From: "The thing is, we're not that good. It's just that everybody else sucks. (a Navy SEALs quote)" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 10:08:03 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: InterFET

>How much news about East Timor are people in the US, UK et al seeing?
I'm
>curious to see how this is viewed in other parts of the globe.
>
>Did any news about the border skirmish between Aussie and Indonesian
troops
>reach the world press?

I caught on CNN (amazingly enough, considering how much tv I see
anymore)
the other morning here (sunday morning?) a 5 minute piece on the first
skirmish between the Aussies and the Indos. They mostly just said that
the Aussies were on their (the Aussie) side of the border by X hundred
meters and someone on the the Indos side opened fire on the Aussies, and
how after the skirmish was concluded the Aussie and Indo commanders got
together and agreed that the Aussies were on their (the Aussie) side of
the border.

Mk
-
Dr T: "I'm speechless"

Indy: "No you're not; you're still talking"

Prev: Re: InterFET Next: Re: Sa'Vasku for the Fleet Book