Prev: Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures Next: Long Haul Jump Travel, Jump Stress and effects [FT campaign]

RE: Short demonstration games

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:38:21 +0100
Subject: RE: Short demonstration games

Not mine but from the archive - where you could search
for scenarios as there are quite a few - I just remember
this was a goody.

-= tim jones =-

ate:Mon, 12 Aug 1996 08:47:59 -0400
From: pcaron%nhqvax.dnet@rapnet.sanders.lockheed.com
Subject: Circle of Death Scenario for FT.

Hello everyone,

	Last week my gaming group had a chance to try out a converted
scenario from Starfleet Battles.  It's called, "Circle of Death" and
we've
found it to be a great intro scenario to the Full Thrust game system.
To summarize...

	Each player gets one (1) Battlecruiser.  All battlecruisers are
slightly different from each other, but they're all the same point
value.
Each ship model's identification number is written on it's own index
card
and shuffled in with the others.  At the beginning of the game, each
player
is dealt a card.  The number on the card is the players "target".
Redeal
if a player draws his/her own ship number.

	Once everyone has another player's ship as target the game
begins.
Player's may only shoot their target AND the ship targetting them (of
course,
in the beginning of the game no one knows who picked their number.)  If
you
shoot another ship AND CAUSE DAMAGE, and it's not one of the two ships
mentioned
above, that firing player is eliminated from the game.	Note: the damage
is
still dealt to the target ship, whether or not it was an valid target.

	When a ship is destroyed, the player who holds the destroyed
ship's
card reveals it and then inherits the card belonging to the eliminated
ship.
This is now his new target.  The circle of death gets smaller.	In the
case
where two players draw each others card and one is eliminated, the
remaining
player (who now holds his own card) is permitted to fire at and be fired
on
by any other ship in the game.

	Order of firing is determined by die roll after all movement
orders
have been written.  Reroll ties, high roller goes first, second highest
goes
second, etc.

	We finished two games in one night.  Two of the players were
newbies.
They picked up the rules quickly and had alot of fun.  Only having one
ship
to move around made the game move quickly.  The new players only had to
concentrate on their one ship so there was a minimum amount of
confusion.

	The real fun in the game is the "bluffing".  People will measure
distance out to another ship and act as if they're pondering whether or
not
they're going to fire.	Is the ship really their target or are they
trying
to sucker someone into firing at them?	Other people play "chicken" with
each
other and close to point blank range.  That happened in our game and one
player
decided to fire.  Too bad it wasn't a valid target... he was eliminated
from
the game.  I hope some of you find this scenario usefull.  I plan on
using
it at the next convention I attend.

Peter Caron

Prev: Identifing figs Re: [OT] Aliens Miniatures Next: Long Haul Jump Travel, Jump Stress and effects [FT campaign]